Thursday

What's Coming....

A BIG thank you to all my blogger buddies for their response to JFI/ Coconut. It has far, far exceeded my expectations. Think 60+ entries – that far!! While I sort through the mails for the round up here are a few nuggets from the wonderful posts I have received -

This eloquent blogger writes –
“Tart and sweet, it will flirt with your palate! Menaskai is like the saucy belle that drives everyone to distraction.”

The Bombay crowd will know exactly what she is talking about
“When I think of coconut, two sublime food experiences come to my mind. One is the tender coconut water that is sold on Indian beaches everywhere. The other is of Naturals tender coconut ice cream. Nothing but some cream and sugar, and a lot of tender coconut bits that melt in the mouth.”

What has coconut got to do with romance? Read her nostalgic post -
'Those strolls on sandy beaches, hand in hand, 'ek narial, do straw dena bhaiya' (one coconut with 2 straws), watching the blazing sun sink under the waves....."

Do you suppose these two bloggers went to the same school?
Says one, “I remember being asked to write essays on the beneficial qualities of the palm tree in school and wondering what good this would do in my education.”

And writes the other
“Anyone who did their schooling in Kerala must have dealt with this question in school:
Write a short essay on coconut
You go on to describe eloquently all the different uses of coconut that you crammed the night before. This essay writing, for strange reasons, had left me with the notion that coconut was available only in Kerala."

Just a couple of days left to the round up. See you then.

18 Comments:

Blogger Nupur said...

Thank you for including my words, Ashwini! About the school essays, I too remember writing essays about the coconut :) and I did not even go to school in Kerala. I think it was the whole "kalpavriksha" concept...every part of the tree being useful to man. Schoolteachers loved that stuff! :)

1:11 PM  
Blogger Seema Bhat said...

Nice write-up Ashwini, Loved the way you put them all togethere.
Cheers
Seema

1:40 PM  
Blogger FH said...

Very cool thoughts!:))

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh! Can't wait for the roundup! Unfortunately I missed this JFI. Wanted to participate, but I haven't been blogging much lately...I'm just exhaused from too much partying :) :)

Happy New Year to you and yours Ashwini!

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Ashwini :-) The essay on palm tree was so hilarious - gosh, it brought back some fond memories!
Smita

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was that the appetiser post? Well done! You have such a fun way of presenting stuff.Waiting for the round up.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Viji said...

Woww!!! 60+ entries??? I'm waiting for the round up :-)

4:59 PM  
Blogger Anjali Koli said...

Nice write up. Ashwini I'm late for the JFI but if you could accept it would be great.

10:04 PM  
Blogger Ashwini said...

Hey Anjali...you have until tomorrow. Pls try to make it before then? Cheers & happy new year buddy

10:14 PM  
Blogger Meenal Mehta said...

Hey Ashiwini,

is there still time to send in recipes?:)

1:46 AM  
Blogger HAREKRISHNAJI said...

Have you tried chilled coconut water with honey, few drops of lemon juice and little pudina, with small quantity of tender coconut ?

9:30 AM  
Blogger Ashwini said...

Meenal - today is the last day. can you make it? My list is done but I can add your entry if you mail it to me soon. Cheers

HKji - I think I have tasted something like that, without mint though. I wish you had posted this on your blog - it's just toooo delicious not to be shared!!

10:46 AM  
Blogger Revathi said...

Hi Ashwini
I have done my entry for coconut, but I am yet to post it. I will be able to get thro it this weekend. Can you include it in your roundup ???

Let me know
Revathi

12:55 PM  
Blogger Ashwini said...

Revathi - I will try

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely post ashwini...... can't wait to see the round up!!!!!

I haven't participated :( My cam is in for repair :( So nothing from my side :( But I will be there at the round up :) To see all the recipes :) And then try them one by one :) :)

5:03 AM  
Blogger Shah cooks said...

That was a funny to read introduction to the JFI!I hadn't realised Gini also wrote about Nariyal essays!:) waiting to see ur round up. It would good to see uses of coconut differing from the kerala style.Good luck!

8:52 AM  
Blogger Manasi said...

Hey Ashwini, Thank u for adding my littl bit in the trailer! Can't wait for the round up... 60 + entries, girl, u hv ur work cut out! Good luck!

2:05 PM  
Blogger Saju said...

Well done Aswini; all the entries look delish!
I can't wait to try them.......

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Main Page