Thursday

A Food blogger's meme around the world

Priya of Priya's Kitchen has tagged me for a meme and what perfect timing too. I can update my blog without heading into the kitchen! I love writing memes; they really make me think outside my blog for a change and it's fun reading my fellow bloggers' responses too. So here goes -

1. Please list three recipes you have recently bookmarked from foodblogs to try:
Food blogs are like the proverbial bottomless well when it comes to recipe inspirations so it is difficult to list just three. Off the top of my head -
The cook's cottage - Kolhapuri Mutton
I plan to try this sometime next year :-) Take a look at the ingredients and you will know what I mean. Seriously though the Kolhapuri way of making lamb (hot, hot) is famous all over Maharashtra and I can't wait to give this a try

Esurientes - Raspberry coconut slice
Berries, coconut, sugar...what's not to like?!

Spicehut - Dadpe Pohe
This traditional Marathi breakfast is a favorite and I liked Sonali's idea of adding potatoes and raisins.


2. A foodblog in your vicinity:
I don't know, considering I am new to the vicinity myself!


3. A foodblog (or more) located far from you:
Towards a better tomorrow in Toronto
Limabeans& Delhichaat in Delhi
Myriad Tastes in Bangalore
Smorgasbord in Japan
(it's interesting how food is a uniting factor all over the world)


4. A foodblog (or several) you have discovered recently (where did you find it?):
I have come to know so many new bloggers in the past months and am learning more about regional Indian cuisine everyday. I came across some of these through comments on my blog and some through comments on others' blogs. I am listing those here that aren't already on Priya's list
Spicehut
Happy Burp
Tothetooth
Sumi's Kitchen
My rasoi
Red Pepper's workshop
What's for lunch honey?
Rasbhara recipes
Let's cook something


5. Any people or bloggers you want to tag with this meme?
All of the lovely ladies above if they haven't been tagged already and anyone else who'd like to join in on the fun!

5 Comments:

Blogger The Bhandari's said...

thks for tagging... hope to finish the tag soon
happy weekend

7:41 AM  
Blogger Lakshmi said...

thanks for tagging me up.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Swamy VKN said...

Ashwini - this is just a reminder to VCC Q1 2006. We miss your entries. Cheers! See you at the show tomorrow.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Arthi said...

Thanks for tagging Ashwini, what's cooking in Scottsdale ?

9:21 PM  
Blogger Tamela said...

Hi, I write a food blog in Seattle, WA called ChefTami at http://cheftami.blogspot.com/ If you have a chance check it out.
Thanks,
Tami

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main Page